As we all know, Asian culinary culture is becoming more and more popular in Western countries. Asian dishes are famous for being healthy, nutritious, flavorful, and low-cost.
The main part of a normal Asian meal is cooked rice. The best 6-cup rice cooker is the best for serving a small number of people. They are lightweight, compact, easy to store, and don’t take up too much space in your kitchen.
In this post, let us explore further about this fantastic product.
Best 6-cup Rice Cooker Reviews
To save you the hassle of having to visit every product page on Amazon, I made a quick review for each item:
1. Zojirushi NHS-10 6-Cup Rice Cooker
Zojirushi NHS-10 6-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
9 used from $36.01
- It comes with accessories
- Simple switch operation
- Durable see-through glass lid
- Handles with good heat insulation
- Customer’s Favorite
- Residues can form under the lid
2. Aroma Housewares Aroma 6-cup
Aroma Housewares Aroma 6-cup (cooked) 1.5 Qt. One Touch Rice Cooker, White (ARC-363NG), 6 cup cooked/ 3 cup uncook/ 1.5 Qt.
- Best price
- Simple one-touch operation
- Tempered glass lid
- Sleek and smooth exterior
- The inner pot is non-stick and removable
- Shorter lifespan
3. Aroma Housewares ARC-363-1NGB Cooker
Aroma Housewares ARC-363-1NGB 3 Uncooked/6 Cups Cooked Rice Cooker, Steamer, Multicooker, 2-6 cups, Black
10 used from $15.44
- Come with a rice spatula and measuring cup
- Multi-layer steamers
- Affordable price
- Customer’s Pick
- Heat-resistant handle
- A 2-year warranty plan
- Exterior gets hot while cooking
4. BLACK+DECKER Rice Cooker, 6-cup, White
BLACK+DECKER Rice Cooker, 6-cup, White
10 used from $17.80
- Measuring cup and spoon included
- Full-view tempered glass lid
- Very good non-stick pot
- Simple one-touch power setting
- Suitable for chicken dishes
- The non-stick coating is vulnerable to scratching
5. Aroma Housewares Rice Cooker ARC-753SG, White
Aroma Housewares Select Stainless Rice Cooker & Warmer with Uncoated Inner Pot, 6-Cup(cooked) / 1.2Qt, ARC-753SG, White
8 used from $25.59
- Good for making brown rice and oatmeals
- Very lightweight and compact
- Effortless cleaning process
- Perfect for traveling
- The glass lid has no hole for steam releasing
6. Aroma Housewares Stainless Rice Cooker, ARC-753SGB
Aroma Housewares Select Stainless Rice Cooker & Warmer with Uncoated Inner Pot, 3-Cup(uncooked)/6-Cup(cooked)/ 1.2Qt, ARC-753SGB, Black
- Modern-looking design
- Handle with good ergonomic
- Three accessories are in the package
- Dishwasher-safe inner pot
- Durable stainless steel exterior
- Water and steam can leak while cooking rice
7. Aroma Housewares Rice Cooker, ARC-753SGB, Black
Aroma Housewares ARC-743-1NGR 6-Cup (Cooked) (3-Cup UNCOOKED) Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer,Red
10 used from $17.00
- Customer’s Top Pick
- Excellent performance
- Can cook multiple dishes at once
- Simple one-touch operation
- Nonstick removable inner pot
- Easily overcook veggies
8. CUCKOO CR-0655F Micom Rice Cooker
CUCKOO CR-0655F | 6-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker | 12 Menu Options: White Rice, Brown Rice & More, Nonstick Inner Pot, Designed in Korea | Red/White
10 used from $61.85
- Dishwasher-safe inner pot
- Efficient energy usage
- Smart cooking algorythm
- Eleven cooking presets
- Customizable rice cooking
- Pretty expensive for some customers
Buying guide for Best 6-Cup Rice Cooker:
Here are the factors you need to consider before buying a product:
On the market, the average time it takes for rice cookers to make a batch of rice is forty-five minutes to one hour.
Many products on the market can shorten this number to twenty or twenty-five minutes. The fast cooking time makes these rice cookers the favorite choice of busy office workers and university students.
While short cooking time is very appealing, the quality of the rice will fall short as a result. For people with a more relaxed schedule, I recommend buying rice cookers that cook rice in roughly one hour.
The slower cooking time will allow the rice to cook properly, resulting in the chewiest and most delicious bowls of rice.
Food Flavor and Texture
Whatever recipe you want to cook, you must have a good-quality rice cooker if you’re going to bring out the best dishes with the ingredients on hand.
The food coming out of a rice cooker must be soft enough, juicy (thanks to the moisture permeating into the food), has no burn mark, and has a fragrant smell.
While online shopping on Amazon, you should check the customer feedback section of the product and the food flavor rating. This way, you will know whether a rice cooker is up to standard.
Available Cooking Presets
You can use a rice cooker for many different purposes, not just for making rice. Despite their name, their versatility knows no bounds and they can allow users to whip up multiple dishes as long as the right ingredients are available.
Modern 6-cup rice cookers usually include at least two to three extra options for cooking other dishes like steamed dumplings, steamed buns, stews, porridge, steamed meat, etc.
Small-sized models such as the 6-cup rice cooker have a wattage range of 400W to 1000W.
Rice cookers of this power range are usually more energy efficient and eco-friendly. The only downside is their small size and limited serving.
The exterior act like a casing that holds all the electrical circuits and the control interface. On the current market, there are two types of rice cooker exterior:
Hard plastic: They are much lighter than their steel counterparts (only when comparing two items of the same size). Plastic material also lowers the price, making the product more affordable.
If you don’t mind the price and want a product for long-term usage, opt for a stainless steel rice cooker.
Stainless steels: This material is sturdy, long-lasting, and easy to clean. There are stainless steel alloy rice cookers that have a corrosion-resistant outermost layer. The downside is that they are much heavier than plastic and more expensive.
Why should I choose to use 6-cup rice cookers?
- Compact: If the need arises, you can store them virtually anywhere you want. Thanks to their small size, they can fit in a cupboard, a drawer, a wardrobe, or an under-counter storage space.
- Convenient: You can enjoy perfectly cooked rice after pushing a button. Cooking rice can’t get easier than this. Using a 6-cup rice cooker, you can save so much time and energy.
- Value for money: Small rice cookers are much cheaper than their big-sized counterparts. You will save money when buying a 6-cup rice cooker.
What is the lifespan of 6-cup rice cookers?
Generally speaking, six years is the average life span for small rice cookers like these. If you handle your rice cooker carefully and clean it from time to time, it can last up to nine years.
My rice cooker circuit is faulty. What do I do?
The inner circuits of any electronic device are very delicate and fragile. Anyone can accidentally damage them if they handle the item roughly.
Avoid dropping your rice cooker from high places like a countertop. Avoid direct contact with water and store them in dry environments.
Call an electrician for their service if you think the circuit of your rice cooker is malfunctioning. You must not attempt to repair the rice cooker unless you are a professional and know what you are doing.
How much do they cost?
Standard-grade 6-cup rice cookers can cost anywhere between $25 to $90. Premium products can go as high as $200.
For the best cooking experience, go for products starting from $35.
Can you recommend some accessories for my rice cooker?
Besides a rice paddle, you don’t need anything else to use a rice cooker. But, having some accessories on hand is always better in case the need arises.
I suggest that you buy the following things:
- A recipe book for rice cookers.
- A measuring cup (in Quart or Liter)
- A pair of mittens.
- One set of bowls.
- One set of chopsticks.
The best 6-cup rice cookers are one of the best kitchen appliances you can buy for your kitchen. If you are currently living alone or with one to two roommates, a 6-cup rice cooker is an optimal choice.
You can help other readers by sharing your thoughts and opinions in the comment section. You can help other readers may find your sharings insightful.
Thank you for your reading!