The toaster oven is a step up from the conventional electric oven you see on the market. After the consumer market for these products spreads wider and more people know about them, manufacturers begin to produce newer and better models like the best 8-slice toaster ovens.
With this line of products, you can enjoy a multi-functional kitchen appliance at your home. These toaster ovens can perform the duty of ovens, dehydrators, toasters, and s. The cooking options are limitless!
In this post, I will give out a list of nine products on Amazon.
The Best 8-slice Toaster Ovens Reviews
Below is a quick review of the general pros and cons of the products on my list. This information comes from the Amazon website and feedback from previous customers.
1. BLACK+DECKER TO3240XSBD 8-Slice
BLACK+DECKER TO3240XSBD 8-Slice Extra Wide Convection Countertop Toaster Oven, Includes Bake Pan, Broil Rack & Toasting Rack, Stainless Steel/Black Convection Toaster Oven
- Efficient energy usage
- Fast heat-up process
- Ample cooking space
- Classic, familiar oven design
- Durable and smooth stainless steel exterior
- Control knobs are flimsy
2. Black+Decker TO3290XSBD
Black+Decker TO3290XSBD Toaster Oven, 8-Slice, Stainless Steel
- Easy-to-use digital control
- Durable stainless steel material
- Powerful convection fan
- Seven cooking functions
- Anti-scalding oven handle
- Its lifespan is lower than average
3. BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB
BLACK+DECKER TO3250XSB 8-Slice Extra Wide Convection Countertop Toaster Oven, Includes Bake Pan, Broil Rack & Toasting Rack, Stainless Steel/Black
- Good quality construction
- Suitable for pizzas and meat roast
- Removable crumb tray
- Simple knob control
- Anti-slip rubber feet
- The timer durability is lower than other parts
4. CKOZESE 6-Slice, 8-In-1 Toaster Oven
8-In-1 Toaster Oven Air Fryer, 6-Slice Toaster Ovens Countertop-6 Rapid Quartz Heaters, Air Fry, Grill, Dehydrate, Roast, Broil, Bake, 450℉ Surround Convection, 45Recipes, Small Footprint,Touch LCD
- Easy to operate LED Touchscreen
- Non-stick liner
- Eight cooking presets
- Versatile cooking options
- It comes with a recipe book
- The exterior gets very hot to touch while cooking
5. BLACK+DECKER TOD5035SS
BLACK+DECKER TOD5035SS, 8-Slices or 12" Pizza, Stainless Steel
- Very easy to operate
- Clear digital display
- Excellent performance
- No pre-heating required
- Ten cooking functions
- Food residue sticks easily on ceiling
6. Galanz Large 8-in-1 True Toaster Oven
Galanz Large 6-Slice True Convection Toaster Oven, 8-in-1 Combo Bake, Toast, Roast, Broil, 12” Pizza, Dehydrator with Keep Warm Setting, Retro Blue
13 used from $63.05
- Wide wire racks suitable for pizzas
- Dehydrator function
- Large capacity
- Eight cooking settings
- Not suitable for toasting bread because of overheating
7. CKOZESE 8-In-1 Smart Toaster Oven Combo
8-In-1 Smart Toaster Oven Air Fryer Combo, 6-Slice Compact Toaster Ovens Countertop-6 Rapid Quartz Heaters, Air Fry, Grill, Roast, Dehydrate, Broil, Bake, 450℉ Max, Touch Screen, 45 Recipes&5Fittings
- Good air and heat flow
- Removable crumb tray
- Anti-scalding handle
- Modern touch-panel control
- It comes with four accessories
- The control panel is vulnerable to water and impacts
8. BLACK+DECKER Toaster Oven, TO1760SS
BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Toaster Oven with Natural Convection, Stainless Steel, TO1760SS
9 used from $38.26
- Heat-resistant handle
- Removable crumb tray
- Reasonable price
- Good temperature control
- It comes with three removable accessories
- No auto shut-off feature
9. Elite Gourmet ETO147M Diner 50’s
Elite Gourmet by Maximatic Americana Collection ETO147M Diner 50’s Retro Countertop Toaster oven, Bake, Toast, Fits 8” Pizza, Temperature Control & Adjustable 60-Minute Timer 1000W, 2 Slice, Mint
- VINTAGE ART DECO DESIGN with modern-day function and technology. The stylish mint accents add fun and nostalgia to brighten up the colors in any home kitchen.
- ADJUSTABLE 0-60 MINUTE TIMER is perfect for toasting and warming up food for a quick and easy snack or breakfast. However still has the capability of roasting and baking a delicious meal.
- FULL FUNCTIONING TOASTER OVEN: Bake a frozen pizza or chicken tenders, broil a filet of fish or simply toast up some delicious garlic bread!
- 1000 WATTS OF POWER with specially designed glass tubing heating rods, the built-in temperature thermostat maintains even cooking heat to keep food warm, bake or toast.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED - Includes an enamel coated bake pan, wire rack with 3 rack positions and a slide out crumb tray.
- Simple to operate knob control
- Vert compact and easy to store
- Decent power output
- Enamel-coated bake pan
- Tempered glass window
- Suitable for baking small items
- The label on the knobs fades after some time
Buying Guide for Best 8-slice Toaster Oven
Here are some details you might want to pay attention to before deciding which product suits you the best.
Food’s flavor and smell
Every toaster oven is different and each one can give your food a different taste and texture, even if this difference is not too significant.
A well-made toaster oven must meet the following criteria when cooking:
- The food must not have an off smell
- Food can’t be dry
- Pizza and bread must not come out soggy
- The oil content must be just right
- Food must be cooked all the way through
I suggest that you check the flavor rating and read the customer’s comments on the Amazon website to find out which model suits you best.
Temperature control is always the first thing you must consider when choosing a toaster oven. Because this factor directly affects the cooking time and flavor of your food, it also determines the amount of oil content in the food.
Good toaster ovens must be able to reach and maintain the exact temperature you set on the control setting. If there is a temperature difference, it can lead to your food being undercooked or overcooked.
If you want precise temperature control, I suggest digital models. They use a touch screen for the most accurate heat input setting.
Not all models include all accessories (crumb tray, extra wire racket, rotisserie fork set, cookbook) in their package. These items are not necessary to operate a toaster oven, but they will make your cooking experience much more pleasant.
It’s OK if you don’t want these gadgets, but if you do, you need to pay attention to the package’s details on Amazon. See if the product you are eyeing has the accessories you are looking for.
Infrared heating elements
Despite its fancy name, the only thing it affects is whether or not you have to preheat your toaster oven before cooking.
A toaster oven with infrared heating will heat up to the desired temperature very quickly. This feature will allow the user to jump straight into cooking or defrosting their ingredients.
If you don’t want to preheat your equipment every time you use it, you will want to consider products with infrared heating elements.
While using a kitchen appliance, safety is always first. It doesn’t matter how well your equipment performs, if it doesn’t ensure your safety, that product is as good as useless.
There are two crucial safety features of a toaster oven:
- The handle: This part is where you will interact with the oven door. For this reason, the handle must have good heat-insulation properties and can’t be too close to the glass panel.
- Auto shut-off: In many toaster ovens, there is a safety mechanism where it will automatically cut off power when it detects problems with the electric current.
What can I cook in 8-slice toaster ovens?
They are best for cooking meat, bread, and potato dishes, such as:
- Chicken wings
- Air-fried potato chips
- Cheese pizzas
- Chicken breast
- Meat and vegetable skewers
Where do they vent the excess heat?
As we all know, a toaster oven can get very hot while cooking. That is the reason why they make multiple air vents on this product. Air vents are normally put on the back or the side of the toaster oven.
You must watch out where they vent the heat and position your item carefully. If you place them close to walls or wood surfaces, it can lead to overheating.
What is the power output of these things?
A toaster oven typically consumes 1,200 to 1,400 watts of electricity for normal usage.
With functions like bake, toast, and keep-warm, they can use more power than the aforementioned number.
How long will it last?
Your toaster oven should last three years before it needs replacements. Cheaper models might only last twelve or sixteen months, while high-quality models can last up to five or six years.
If you want your equipment to be of service for longer, you must clean them regularly and handle them with care.
What to do if my handle feels hot to the touch?
A hot oven handle means it doesn’t have good heat-insulating properties.
You can use a pair of mittens or wrap a wet rag around the handle when you want to open the oven.
If you find this act inconvenient, you can consider buying a new and better product with a proper anti-scalding handle.
My post should have provided you with much-needed information, making it easier to choose your fryer toaster oven.
I consider the BLACK+DECKER TO3240XSBD 8-Slice Extra Wide Convection Countertop Toaster Oven to be the best option for the majority of customers. It has the best overall quality and is suitable for serving a family of four.
Please let me know your thoughts in the comment section below and leave a personal opinion if you feel like it.
Thank you for reading!